Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Learning new things

This year, aside from getting a job, my goal is to learn French. In my life I want to learn how to speak French, Spanish, and Tagalog. I figure I would start with French because I know for me it will be the hardest. I took Spanish in high school for 3 years and I already understand Tagalog, so it's just a matter of learning the proper way to construct a sentence.

Why French? It's so sophisticated and sexy, so is Spanish (proper). Also, when it comes to European foods, the two countries have to be my favorite out of them all.

Another thing I want to do learn is how to cook more elaborate things. I'd like to say I have a general knowledge of cooking, but a sophisticated palette. Problem with that is, a sophisticated palette can be expensive at restaurants, and takes a little more skill in the kitchen. So if I learned these skills, then I would save money by making the foods at home.

One last thing I would like to learn this year is to manage my finances better. Getting older means planning for my future and if I don't start now, then that's money lost. First, I need to get a job. I'm praying that I find it, or that it finds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment